If you only try one recipe on our blog, this is the one! If you haven't already, it is about time you tried to a new warm, sweet, and comforting drink. And what could be better than a Cafe Caramel or Caramel Latte?
It is one of the easiest sweet coffees to make at home, and we will tell you how to make it healthy!
What is Cafe Caramel?
A cafe caramel is a type of latte drink infused with the sweet flavor of caramel. It is mostly made with espresso, caramel sauce, and milk. To make it extra indulgent, you can add a serving of whipped cream on top.
It has gained popularity because of the balanced combination of the sugary caramel flavor and the bitter tones of espresso that go perfectly together. It is a great way to manage sweet tooth cravings while also giving you valuable nutrients when made with KORMA Date Coffee and our homemade caramel sauce!
- Korma Date Coffee
- Homemade caramel
- 1 ⅓ cups water for espresso
- 2 cups milk of choice (milk with more fat will give a creamier texture)
Homemade Caramel Ingredients
- 1 tbsp raw honey
- 2 tsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp natural peanut butter (ingredients only peanuts, salt optional)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Dash of salt
- Add honey, coconut oil, and maple syrup to a small saucepan and stir on medium-high heat
- Once the mixture starts to bubble, remove it from the heat and let it cool down till the bubbling stops
- Add peanut butter and stir in with the mixture
- Turn heat on low for 2 minutes and stir in cinnamon and salt.
- Remove from heat.
- Use a Moka pot or an espresso maker compatible with ground coffee and add water and coffee to it.
- Heat milk on medium heat in a saucepan and let it gain some temperature. When milk is close to boiling, start whisking with a wire whisk to create foam. You can also use an electric whisk on a slow setting.
- Filter and pour freshly brewed Korma Date Coffee into four cups.
- Pour hot milk into four cups while holding back the foam.
- Divide the caramel evenly into four cups and mix thoroughly
- Spread the foam over each cup with a spoon