Korma Cold Brew
A cold brew is a perfect coffee when you want something that is not as bitter as an espresso.
You can also try many variations with a cold brew, like the iced cold brew. Make it with our date coffee, and you have a perfect recipe for a smooth cup.
Many people think that the knowledge of making a cold brew is passed down from gods to baristas. However, we are here to tell you how easy it is to make at home and how you can make the most authentic cold brew with a few steps.
Since our coffee is already ground, you don't need a coffee grinder.
What is Cold Brew?
A cold brew is named so because it doesn't use heat to brew the coffee. It is made on the principle of seeping the flavor out of the coffee without using high temperatures. It works by steeping ground coffee in water at room temperature for about 12-18 hours. Afterward, the coffee is strained and served as-is, chilled, diluted with water, or over ice.
Cold brew is a different way of extracting flavor and caffeine from the coffee and results in a relatively richer, smoother, less bitter, and more flavorful cup. As in conventional coffee, you can also add things like milk, sugar, or cream.
Cold brew is perfect for people who want a mild-tasting cup that lacks the acidity and bitterness of traditional coffee, and it's even sweeter with KORMA Date Coffee!
- 1½ cups water at room temperature
- Ground date coffee 2 tbsp
- Add water and coffee in a jar and cover to let rest overnight at room temperature for at least 12 hours.
- Strain through a fine-mesh sieve, a sieve lined with cheesecloth, or a coffee filter twice.
- Pour the equal parts of coffee concentrate and water into a cup, and add ice, sugar, milk, or creamer as desired.
- You can also serve cold brew coffee hot by heating it in a saucepan or kettle.