A warm and comforting cup of Mocha might sound difficult to make by yourself. However, we have got you covered. Here is a simple recipe to make a perfect cup of Mocha with a healthier homemade chocolate sauce.
What is Mocha?
Mocha was born when people discovered that coffee and chocolate go well together. Whether in desserts or beverages, people realized that this combination makes you feel comfortable and melts away your stress.
Mocha brings the best of both worlds by balancing the delectable flavor of date coffee and the sweet and warm taste of chocolate. Ultimately, you have a drink that is a better comfort beverage than hot chocolate.
Thanks to these qualities, Mocha is really popular today, and here's how you can make this pick-me-up beverage yourself while making it healthy enough for breakfast!
- 3 tbsp Korma Date Coffee Classic Blend. We will be making coffee the standard way instead of making an espresso, as that is what most people easily have available at their homes.
- 2 cups of milk of choice. The more fat milk has, the richer and creamier your Mocha will be.
- Homemade chocolate sauce. This is our recipe for the chocolate sauce, which can be easily made at home and is even healthier because of honey.
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 tsp cocoa powder
- 2 tsp coconut cream
- 1 tsp coconut oil
DirectionsFor the homemade chocolate sauce,
- Use a small saucepan to heat honey, coconut cream and coconut oil.
- After a few minutes, add cocoa powder and mix slowly then remove from heat.
- Warm the milk is in a saucepan and when the milk is steaming add the Korma classic blend to the mix and stir gently.
- You can also whisk the mixture to get a foamier texture.
- Pour chocolate sauce into cups.
- Use a sieve lined with cheesecloth and pour coffee into cups over the chocolate sauce.
- Add heavy cream if preferred.
- Your freshly made Mocha is ready to be served.
Mason Jar Method for Extra Foam
- You can also get a frothier drink by using a mason jar. All you have to do is add all the ingredients in a mason jar and pour in the hot milk.
- Tightly screw on the lid and shake vigorously for a few seconds. You'll notice that the milk is getting foamier as you keep shaking.
- After about 30 seconds of shaking, pour the Mocha into cups and serve.